Mar 25, 2009
Looks great! I think target market will be motorcyclist, at least won't get wet during raining season.
Heard that news paper reported there are lot people booking and aiming for this car.
Some information which you might like to know:
Nano car Feature:
- The Nano has a rear-wheel drive, all-aluminium, two-cylinder, 623 cc, 33 PS, multi point fuel injection petrol engine. This is the first time that a two-cylinder gasoline engine is being used in a car with single balancer shaft.
- The lean design strategy has helped minimise weight, which helps maximise performance per unit of energy consumed and delivers high fuel efficiency.
- Performance is controlled by a specially designed electronic engine management system.
Meets all safety requirements
- The Nano's safety performance exceeds current regulatory requirements. With an all sheet-metal body, it has a strong passenger compartment, with safety features such as crumple zones, intrusion-resistant doors, seat belts, strong seats and anchorages, and the rear tailgate glass bonded to the body.
- Tubeless tyres further enhance safety.
- The Nano's tailpipe emission performance exceeds regulatory requirements. In terms of overall pollutants, it has a lower pollution level than two-wheelers being manufactured in India today.
- The high fuel efficiency also ensures that the car has low carbon dioxide emissions, thereby providing the twin benefits of an affordable transportation solution with a low carbon footprint.
Some notes get from forum
- Single wiper
- No air cond ( RM 1200 to fix air cond )
- No power window
- Manual Transmission only
(source from http://paultan.org/archives/2007/09/27/tata-set-to-launch-us2500-car-in-mid-2008/)
Several comment from MotoTrader forum
Picture from Tata Motor