Nov 13, 2007

Missing System.Data.DataSetExtension, Version=2.0.0.0

I recently built a relatively simple application in VB.net using
VS Studio 2008(the front end is attached to an Access database).
Everything seems to run smoothly on my machine and on any other
machine that has the .net 3.5 framework installed, but on any machines
running .net 2.0 or 1.1 I get an error message stating
"Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=2.0.0.0"
I'm using the dataset object to load the database records so I'm assuming
the problem is related to this.

As as summary, i found that:
1.The client machines running applications developed in .net 3.5 HAVE to have the 3.5 framework installed.

2. Developer machine should have dotnexfx2.0 installed too. ( My machine is Vista come with existing 2.0 framework, thus I need to add reference of this file: System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll

No comments:

Post a Comment