Dec 4, 2007

Add HTML Signature to Outlook 2007

Add HTML signature to Outlook 2007

In order to get an existing html signature file added to Outlook 2007 there are several steps to take that are very different from previous versions of Outlook.

1) In Outlook 2007 open Tools > Options > Mail Format and select signatures

2) Create a new signature and give it a meaningful name. Press Ok.

3) Open up an explorer window (win + e) and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\User name\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures. If you can not see the Application Data folder you need to show hidden files and folders.

4) Open the html signature file that you just created with notepad,
right click > open with.
Remove the contents of this file and replace it with your html signature code.
Save this file, file > save.

5) While you are in here it wouldn't hurt to make the text version of the signature look like you want it to as well.

Once you have edited the html source of the new signature you should see it in its correct form in the signature area of Outlook 2007

3 comments:

  1. This information is TOTALLY wrong. You have caused my computer to break. i sue u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi anonymous,

    Please let me what is your issue and I would like to help.

    Please take note on several issue as below:

    1.Are you using Genuine version of MS Office 2007?

    2.Are you administrator of your machine and have the right to edit application data? (sometimes employee is not allow to modify certain file based on the machine policy set by their IT department )

    3.Are you inserting valid HTML codes ?

    In my case, I am administrator of my machine.

    I created
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\Elinkz.htm
    and folder Elinkz_files(to put your html images)

    Then paste my SIMPLE HTML codes as below:

    *replace ( with lesser than char.
    *replace ) with greater than char.
    because blogger not allow that char to appear in comment.

    (html)
    (head)
    (/head)
    (body)

    (p)
    Regards,
    (br/)
    (i)Elinkz(/i)(br /)
    (br /)
    Blog: (a href ="http://elinkz.blogspot.com" >)elinkz.blogspot.com (/a)
    (br/)
    (/p)

    (/body)
    (/html)

    I am able to insert my new signature named Elinkz in my new email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like PEBCAC to me; the information is completely accurate, and worked fine for me, even with multiple signatures.

    ...if editing a text/html file caused your computer to break, you have some other problems, I'd guess.

    NashvilleBassist@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete