Dec 19, 2007

Pidgin - Multi-protocol Instant Messaging client



http://www.pidgin.im/

What is Pidgin?

Pidgin is a multi-protocol Instant Messaging client that allows you to use all of your IM accounts at once.

Pidgin can work with:

  • AIM
  • Bonjour
  • Gadu-Gadu
  • Google Talk
  • Groupwise
  • ICQ
  • IRC
  • MSN
  • MySpaceIM
  • QQ
  • SILC
  • SIMPLE
  • Sametime
  • XMPP
  • Yahoo!
  • Zephyr

Pidgin is free software. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2. This means you are free to use it and to modify it, but if you distribute your modifications you must distribute the modified source code as well.


Main Menu


Email notification


File Transfer

More features on right click menu

My two cents

Well, I am quite satisfy with Pidgin since my MSN Messenger having a lot of hard time for me.

Somtimes, MSN is hard to sign in or sign out after login and all my friend blocking me :S

Pidgin will not allow to sign in or out frequently ( check out with my second image above).

Besides, It support on different platform like windows, linux and CentOS /RHEL.

It is open source and developer can get the source from http://www.pidgin.im/download/source


No comments:

Post a Comment